Importance Of Excellent Leadership Communication Skills

"Developing excellent communication skills is absolutely essential to effective
leadership. The leader must be able to share knowledge and ideas to transmit a
sense of urgency and enthusiasm to others. If a leader can't get a message across
clearly and motivate others to act on it, then having a message doesn't even
matter." Gilbert Amelio, President and CEO of National Semiconductor Corp


Great communication skills allows oneself the capability to command others. A "leader" without a voice cannot be considered a leader as no one is willing to listen to him. Without his/her voice, the group that he/she is leading will naturally crumble.  For example, if I was a general commanding a army, and I didn't possess the capabilities to transfer all my knowledge and strategies to my troopers, my army would't know what to do when the actual war comes. My army would then be disorganised, some would run away, some would take matters in their own hands while others would freeze there as they wouldn't know what to do. It would result in a chaotic chain of command as no troops would understand what my thought process is. As a result , my army would then start to question my leadership because no one is able to comprehend my thought process which leads to their thought process being "He isn't an efficient leader" or "I don't understand anything what he says", resulting in my army being demotivated to follow me any longer.

With great communication skills, a leader should be able to get his idea across everyone's mind and lead them to act upon them properly. A leader having a voice will unify the group to work together properly, they would understand your message and know individual what they must do to contribute to the group. Great leadership communication skills is needed in every industry, without it there is no direction. A great leader should also be able to get his point out swift and clearly, he/she should also allow his group mates to suggest some ideas to let them feel that they are participating in group discussions, providing them the motivation to listen further.

Comments

  1. Dear Benjamin,

    Thank you for making this thoughtful post. I appreciate you taking the time to share younr understanding of the Amelio quotation.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mr Brad,

      No problem Mr Brad! Thanks for reading my perspective of the Amelio quotation!

      Respectfully,
      Ben

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment 1 Draft One.

Formal Self-Introduction Email