Reflection on Technical Communication 1

When entering this course, my main goal was to improve my presentation skills and efficiency in writing a formal report. What I would have liked to achieve was a decent level of writing and presentation skills. Although the first trimester was quite a rush considering that technically communication takes time. I have acquired a lot of skill sets which can put to good use in the near future. Not only was I able to gain valuable knowledge from our lecturer, but I was also able to adapt in this fast-paced environment to become more efficient and effective in planning my study schedules.

I felt that most of my technical communication skills have improved significantly as most of my classmates, as well as my lecturer, were able to provide me detailed and descriptive feedback which allowed me to grow as a person. I believe that my communication skills have further improved a decent amount as our lecturer provides us many opportunities to work with other classmates. As for oral presentation skills, many opportunities were given to us to practice presenting while being guided properly on how we should present ourselves to the audience. Although my group wasn't chosen for the showcase, the experience I have acquired has provided me many insights and boosted my confidence. However, I still believe that there is still room for improvement, such as better writing skills and being more engaging with the audience. Nonetheless, I had a great time learning from this module. The lessons were very engaging and I had a great time rehearsing and working with my project team. What resonates with me the most was rehearsing with my project mates for our presentation. Reason being the fact that while most engineering students possess a lot of technical knowledge, we lack the ability to express and present our idea to the audience.

The presentation showcase itself was a meaningful experience. I was quite impressed with how my classmates were presenting themselves to the audience. They were very engaging and showed great confidence in their presentation. They displayed enthusiasm and articulate their pitch loud and clearly. Some of them were able to make their pitch with great confidence and had close to zero flaws while presenting. Through this experience, I was motivated to further improve my presentation skills and strive to become a presenter of that caliber in the future.

Comments

  1. Dear Benjamin,

    Thanks for this detailed reflection. I appreciate that you made an effort to mention your module goals and the degree to which you feel you achieved those. The reflection on your research team's presentation work is also noteworthy. I'm happy that you and your teammates worked well with one another. You certainly chose an interesting topic.

    I'm also glad to know that you learned so much from the showcase. (Was there any team in particular that you liked?) I'm happy to know that being in th audience can also be a great learning experience.

    All in all, you made a strong effort this term. All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Importance Of Excellent Leadership Communication Skills

Formal Self-Introduction Email

Assignment 1 Draft One.